There are 11 different roles a member of a Bloomz class, room or group can take up. Admins and/or teachers can invite people to take up these roles and are able to change members; roles as well at any time.
- Elementary Mode: Students in Elementary Mode can only submit work to their portfolios and in assignments and view teacher posts. No passwords are needed - students use a Common QR code to enter Bloomz. Learn more in: Signing into Bloomz as a Student
- Middle/High School Mode: Students who are in Middle/High School Mode can enter Bloomz through an email address and password, can submit work to their portfolios and assignments, view behavior and health check timelines (if allowed by the teacher), view/comment/like (if allowed by the teacher), and use Bloomz messaging. Learn more in: Teacher- Adding Student Accounts in Middle/High School Mode
- Can view posts, communicate with other members through messaging and/or comments, sign-up for calendar events + conferences, view their child(ren)'s timelines (portfolio, assignments, behavior), and view + add photos to class albums.
- Can assist teacher in managing class posts and calendar sign-ups/events.
School Office Staff:
- Can manage members, send posts and messages to group/individuals. They cannot change settings of the school or manage data imports. (typically used for front-office staff)
School Support Staff:
- Can only view communication & message with other staff members. They do not have permission to communicate with parents or students. (typically used for maintenance, custodian and transportation staff)
- Can oversee attendance notifications and communicate with parents & staff. They do not have permission to communicate with students.
Food Services Coordinator:
- Can oversee food-service notifications and communicate with parents & staff. They do not have permission to communicate with students.
- Can manage everything in the class - class settings, members, calendars, sign-ups, create activities & assign them, manage behavior, etc.
- Can manage class information, settings, members, and is notified of all class communication.
- For Bloomz Premium for Schools, admins have oversight into all communication, engagement, health check data, and behavior analytics across schools. School admins have the ability to sync roster information with Clever, Google Classroom, bulk import, and help continue to manage this through regular updates.
NOTE: If you are creating a group in Bloomz, note that there are only two roles - Members and Group Administrators.