TABLE OF CONTENTS
Automate the process by using the bulk import (CSV file upload) mechanism and avoid creating duplicate students (Recommended)
The same student profiles will be continued year over year and the students will move from class to class.
- Provide the existing student information from the existing classes - Please provide us with the following information in a CSV file. student_first name, student_last name, student_sis_id, student_grade, class_name, class_id
- student_first name, student_last name - Please enter the same names as it appears in Bloomz
- student_sis_id - If you do not have any SIS system and ID's for your students, please enter a sequential number for each student which is unique to them in the student_sis_id column
- class_name - should be the exact class name in Bloomz, which is from the school year 2019-20.
- class_id - should be the id of the existing classes in Bloomz.
- You can get this by following these steps -
- Click on your community in the left nav
- Click the Manage icon on the top
- Click +Member
- Select Parent
- Select Bulk Import
- Click Get the Bulk Import Template
- Select the Class ID generated by Bloomz checkbox and Click Download Bulk Import spreadsheet
- A file with the name of the class and the ID will be downloaded
- Copy-paste the class name and the ID from this file into the class_name and class_id columns for each student.
- Send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following title in the email "Transitioning to next school year - <Name of the school>"
2) The support team will contact you with the next steps, once they map the Student ID.